Índex del Fòrum de alternativa.cat
Medi Ambient, Música, Festa i Descàrregues

A freak athlete who on his best days simply  
Publicar un tema nou   Respondre al tema    Índex del Fòrum de alternativa.cat -> Informàtica
Autor Missatge
zhangzk
Registrat: 27 Feb 2018
Missatges: 474
Missatge 2019-09-12 08:24 [Citar] 
The Falcons would be rich and deep at defensive tackle Tarik Cohen Jerseys 2019 , but at what cost?"We’ve talked about what might happen if the Falcons took a defensive end, right tackle, or cornerback at 14, but we haven’t covered defensive tackle just yet. Let’s remedy that today. Who might the Falcons take?Ed Oliver is the guy if the Falcons have been gathering their ammo to move up for, but it’s probably a stretch to think that he’ll be available at 14.hammers his way through opposing offensive linemen, Oliver would pair with Grady Jarrett to create one of the league’s most exciting young tandems on the interior, and he could be useful at end if the Falcons want to mix and match their fronts. It’s a virtual lock they’ll need to go up and get him, however. Ditto Quinnen Williams, who doesn’t have the same profile but is in danger of being underrated now given his college production and huge skill. If they’re content to wait, it’d be Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, or perhaps Jerry Tillery. Wilkins and Lawrence are big beefy run stoppers with some pass rushing punch, while Tillery is likely to fall further but has deeply intriguing upside. What does it mean for the roster in 2019?An absolutely loaded defensive tackle rotation, and the opportunity to do some interesting things on the defensive line more generally. Adding Oliver would allow the Falcons to put some sets on the field on run downs that could feature Oliver and Takk McKinley/Adrian Clayborn at end, with Grady Jarrett/Deadrin Senat/Tyeler Davison clogging up the middle. On obvious passing downs, meanwhile, the Falcons will be able to bring some combination of Jarrett, Oliver and Crawford to bear, and Jarrett and Crawford accounted for nearly a third of the team’s sacks a year ago without Oliver in the mix. That would be a fun line.If they go with someone like Wilkins, meanwhile, they will have a compelling early down rotation and the ability to have the likes of Jarrett and Davison playing end when needed. The Falcons have (wisely or unwisely) talked a lot about stopping the run, and a line with more power and size helps to accomplish that. Either way, adding a defensive tackle gives this team real talent and terrific depth on the interior, allowing them to do some creative things and keeping their best players fresh. What does it mean long-term?That the Falcons are looking to have a strong, capable set of defensive tackles over the long haul. Jack Crawford was a valuable player a year ago and the Falcons reportedly want to keep Davison around for longer than the 2019 season White Adam Shaheen Jerseys , which is all they have him for at the moment, but there’s no guarantee either will return. If they don’t and the Falcons don’t invest at defensive tackle, they’ll have Grady Jarrett, Deadrin Senat, and potentially Justin Zimmer if he develops into a useful player after another year on the practice squad. Adding a first round talent gives this team two slam dunk starting-caliber DTs, a valuable young rotational run stopper in Senat, and whoever else they choose to add going forward. Pairing a genuine talent with Jarrett will help the Falcons solidify their defensive front while they work on long-term solutions at end, at the very least. What are the opportunity costs?Similar to cornerback, this is adding a player who could be a significant long-term addition but would be an uneasy fit this year unless the Falcons were planning to move on from Crawford to free up snaps. If the team isn’t planning to make a significant addition to defensive end, they can use their mega rotation of defensive tackles at end too, especially on early downs, which solves some of that.But adding a defensive tackle pushes an edge rusher down the board, it pushes a right tackle down the board, and it pushes cornerback down the board, and the Falcons have made it clear those are all significant needs. Adding elite talent has to trump those concerns, but again, prioritizing a position that is less of an immediate need means the Falcons need to either nail later picks or be comfortable with stopgaps at a couple of core positions. We should be clear that defensive tackle is no longer a massive need, even if I really do want the Falcons to land a player like Ed Oliver. There’s a single-minded focus on size at defensive tackle that crowds out all other considerations, but the Falcons now have a multi-year starter in Davison who is a proven quality run stopper, the still-promising Senat, one of the league’s better young starters in Jarrett, and Crawford, who despite some uneven efforts last year managed six sacks and can legitimately get after the passer. When you consider that both Takk McKinley and Adrian Clayborn can kick inside when needed, the team is not in dire straits at the position. Should the Falcons do it?It depends entirely on the player. If you can add a player like Oliver or Williams (or even Tillery, but he may be there in the second round) who has the upside to be a great Sam Acho Jerseys Stitched , you can talk me into it fairly easily. The Falcons only will have three veterans under contract in 2020 and one of them is Senat, who despite his promise is not a proven option just yet. I’m less sold on Wilkins, Lawrence, et al, because while they are fine players who can contribute immediately, I’m not sold on them becoming dominant in the way that I think Oliver or Williams can be. Of course, given that those are the kinds of players more likely to be available at 14, I should probably get comfortable with the idea. ECD isn’t buying what the media is selling in regards to the Bears’ plans at runningback." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteWindy City GridironWindy City Gridiron - Being who you thought we were since 2005!Log In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBearsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsThe Bears DenNotesXs and OsSuperfansFiled under:From The Desk Of...Roster AnalysisThe myth that is “backfield by committee” New,106commentsECD isn’t buying what the media is selling in regards to the Bears’ plans at runningback. CDTShareTweetShareShareThe myth that is “backfield by committee” Photo by Tim Warner/Getty ImagesBackfield by Committee - the suggestion that a team’s running game is comprised of several players being featured as opposed to one. Almost every kind of source for speculation within the NFL has been suggesting the Chicago Bears intend to deploy such a method during the 2019 regular season. Shoot, a large number of my peers agree with that idea. A large amount of overhauling has been made with the Bears’ backfield. Instead of the “Pony Express” formerly led by Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen, we now have DMC (Davis, Montgomery, Cohen) in our backfield. Yeah, I’m buying this “committee” shortly after I purchase earthquake insurance in the state of Florida. Or the moment after Jason La Canfora makes a credible statement regarding the Chicago Bears. Whichever comes first. First, we’ll address the tweet. It’s a cool concept, and it features the idea of all three backs getting some type of action this season. And, a backfield which features a Ghidorah-like manifestation — a three headed monster — would be pretty difficult to defend against. It also doesn’t tell you who’s the featured back, nor their honest plans, at least not outright. In my full opinion, I believe for a backfield to be considered a “committee” as opposed to having a featured back, the leading player would have to have less than 55% of the offense’s total workload. This includes the cumulative amount of handoffs, targets in the receiving game, and pass protection in the passing game.I asked my fellow writers here at WCG to weigh in on how they see the Bears’ backfield shaping up this year. Here are some of their thoughts. For comparison’s sake, let’s look at how the Bears divided up the workload last season in terms of snaps percentages between Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen Adam Shaheen Jerseys 2019 , Taquan Mizzell, and Benny Cunningham. Bears 2018 RB Snaps PercentagesPlayerSnap %PlayerSnap %One item to note is how each player was used last season. I used Pro Football Reference to gather my data for this section of the article.Jordan Howard, who was the de-facto featured back in the rotation, saw a lopsided amount of work running the ball as opposed to being used in the entire gameplan. In fact, Howard was targeted just 26 times as a receiver in 2018, while rushing 250 times. The Bears’ new featured back will be expected to have a much larger role as a receiver heading into 2019. Tarik Cohen, on the other hand, was almost 50/50 a receiver as much as he was handed the ball. He was targeted 91 times in the passing game, and rushed the ball 99 times in 2018. This is on top of being the Bears’ ace punt returner on special teams. Between Taquan Mizzell and Benny Cunningham, Mizzell rushed the ball 9 times and was targeted 8 times; Cunningham was targeted just twice while rushing 11 times. Cunningham already left the team in free agency, and I do not expect Mizzell to have much of anything outside of special teams next season thanks to Mike Davis’s arrival.As the Bears enter year two on offense under Matt Nagy, I’ll bring up the percentages and usage of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2017. That is what I envision Nagy’s gameplan becoming when it’s develop into a more advanced stage in Chicago. Their backfield consisted of the following players: Kareem Hunt; Charcandrick West; Akeem Hunt; and C.J. Spiller. Chiefs 2017 RB Snaps PercentagesPlayerSnap %PlayerSnap %The biggest difference between the Bears’ backfield in 2018 and the Chiefs’ backfield in 2017 is balance in the featured back’s role. Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing yards with 1,327 yards on 272 carries as a rookie. He was also targeted 63 times as a receiver in the passing game. This is the type of role we should expect the Bears’ lead back to have in 2019. Having multiple options in the backfield is tough to defend. Defending against a true 3-down player at runningback is much harder. Meanwhile, Chardandrick West’s role was more receiver-oriented than being a true runningback. He rushed the ball 18 times while being targeted 34 times in the passing game. I envision Cohen in a similar matter — seeing more action as a receiver than as a rusher — although I do believe he’ll continue to be a bigger factor in the Bears’ offense than West was in the Chiefs’. For the rest of the Chiefs’ backfield; A. Hunt rushed the ball 8 times and was targeted 4 times, and C.J. Spiller had 2 carries and 2 targets. I definitely see Mike Davis having a much larger amount of work than both of these players combined. As we can clearly see, Matt Nagy doesn’t use a committee approach for his backfield. Yes, the Bears now have three talented players who all can catch as well as they can run the ball in David Montgomery, Mike Davis, and Tarik Cohen. Yet the suggestion that having three talented players at the RB position automatically a committee, is a complete fallacy. That, to me, is simply quality depth. Don’t believe me? Then consider the following. Tarik Cohen was used evenly as a receiver and a rusher. There’s no reason to believe his work at receiver will lighten up any time soon. Instead, thanks to the arrival of both Davis and Montgomery, expect for his opportunities and snaps at receiver to increase. This includes the addition of Cordarrelle Patterson, who too will see his fair share of gadget type plays on offense. Mike Davis factors in as the ideal 3rd down back in Matt Nagy’s offense. That was the role he played with a run-heavy offense in the Seattle Seahawks’ gameplans White Mitchell Trubisky Jerseys , and thanks to his balance between being a tough runner and a capable receiver, he’ll receive a decent chunk of the snaps behind David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen. And then there’s David Montgomery himself. The perfect fit as a 3-down player at this position. Both Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace have confirmed as much in their respective thoughts at seperate conferences. David Montgomery is the player the Bears were missing in their offense last season. Tough, explosive, and pops violently in close quarters without needing a large volume of carries to get going. The noise regarding the perceived lack of “top-end speed” is over-rated; Montgomery’s 40-time nearly matched Hunt’s (4.63 vs. 4.62) and is better than Le’Veon Bell’s (4.66). Montgomery’s game/on-field speed is what counts, and when he receives good blocking up front — a rarity while at Iowa State — he’s gone. Pace’s actions in the draft speak for themselves. He traded up 14 slots in the 3rd round for the right to draft Montgomery. Every time Ryan Pace has traded up in the draft, it has resulted in a player who figures as a primary player at their position. Bears trade up in the 2016 draft for Leonard Floyd Bears trade up in the 2017 draft for Mitchell Trubisky and Eddie Jackson Bears trade up in the 2018 draft for Anthony Miller The only one who isn’t a full-time starter (yet) is Anthony Miller. His expectations are sky-high for 2019. Montgomery’s expectations are similar as a rookie. And, really, why on earth would you trade up in the top 4 rounds for anybody who isn’t a likely starter at some point? Trading up for a rotational/committee player would result in terrible value and wasted resources. There is no question that Montgomery is Matt Nagy’s guy at RB moving forward. So, this leads me to my expectations for the Bears’ offense during the 2019 season. ECD’s expected percentages for 2019PlayerSnap %PlayerSnap %Where I do not expect Montgomery to have as much of a load as Kareem Hunt did during his rookie season, it won’t be because of who the better player is. Rather, it’ll be because Cohen and Davis are that much better than C. West and all the other backs Matt Nagy had at Kansas City and last year in Chicago. Cohen will see another year of a fairly balanced load between receiver and runningback. However, since Montgomery will likely earn the vast majority of totes, I do see the balance being 45/55 between rushing and receiving. Besides, Cohen is the Bears’ most explosive receiver in their inventory, they’ll use that to their advantage. And Davis, where he’s not as explosive as either Montgomery or Cohen, will be quite a catch as the 3rd back in this rotation. He’ll likely produce similar numbers with the Bears as he did with the Seahawks, albeit I do not see him registering a single start unless something happened to either Montgomery or Cohen. Which isn’t a knock on him, it’s more a testament to how good both those later players are. Will the Bears use all three of Davis, Montgomery, and Cohen (DMC) next season? Absolutely. Will this result in the Bears deploying a “backfield by committee” tactic? Absolutely not. Look for Nagy to develop various packages highlighting all three players, if not a 3-back formation like, say, the T-Formation? Now that I can dig. Just don’t call it a committee.
Tornar a dalt
 [Perfil]  [Missatge Privat] 
Títol del nou tema
Fòrum per al nou tema

Pàgina 1 de 1
Mostrar missatges d'anteriors:   
Publicar un tema nou   Respondre al tema    Índex del Fòrum de alternativa.cat -> Informàtica Totes les hores són GMT

Canviar a:  
No pots publicar nous temes en aquest fòrum
No pots respondre a temes en aquest fòrum
No pots editar els teus missatges en aquest fòrum
No pots esborrar els teus missatges aquest fòrum
No pots votar a les enquestes en aquest fòrum
No pots adjuntar fitxers en aquest fòrum
Pots descarregar fitxers en aquest fòrum